The quality of the catalyst change-out in conjunction with all the mechanical work inside the reactor could have a significant impact on the reactor performance and consequently the cycle length of the unit.
Knowledge of catalysts, loading methods, reactor internals and safety and environment combined with project management skills and a high service level are essential to optimal catalyst loading. CatConsult offers loading supervision services, including:
- Discussing and optimizing the loading methods with the customer
- Checking the loading diagrams with the available catalysts on site
- Checking all catalyst packing, storage condition and delivered quantities
- A visual inspection of reactor internals prior to catalyst loading
- Witnessing and supervising the loading of inert balls and catalysts
- A continuous check of quantities loaded, levelness of the catalyst bed and verification of whether the achieved densities are in line with the expected values.
- Providing a detailed report
If requested, CatConsult can supervise the catalyst unloading, advise and witness the catalyst sampling procedure and even provide refiners with solutions for their spent catalyst.